Enfield Council Landlord Advice Line
Click on the headings below to see more content
We are committed to ensuring that the business community is supported during this time. We know the vital role that private landlords and letting agents play in meeting the housing needs of residents in the Borough, and appreciate the uncertainty you may be experiencing during this time.
In May, we set up the landlord advice service to provide advice and assistance on private tenancies and lettings to landlords and agents needing help.
We offer information, advice and guidance to help you resolve any tenancy or rent payment issues at an early stage. We want to help you to continue to provide much needed private rented accommodation to residents in the Borough.
You can contact our dedicated team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 020 8379 4320.
- We have a dedicated team of officers to take queries via email or phone
- The team can be contacted by email on email@example.com
- Enfield Council Landlord Advice telephone line 020 8379 4320
We will work with you to help with the following:
- Housing Benefit or Universal Credit issues – we will help with tenant change in circumstances, maximising of benefits, overpayments. It is important that you speak to your tenant and find out what benefit they receive for housing costs as the advice team will require this information.
- Help to set up an Enfield Landlord Account to enable you to view your payment schedule, view your payment history and transaction details, or make changes to tenant information when there is a change in circumstance. From April 2020, the Government increased the Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rates for a limited period to assist tenants in sustaining/securing private rented accommodation at the current market rent, by making it more affordable.
- Facilitate rent increases where possible via a Section 13 rent increase notice.
- Advice on good practice for landlords addressing issues around repairs, anti-social behaviour, housing standards and safety conditions, see here for more details
The advice line is provides general help, guidance, and good practice for landlords. If you need legal advice you should seek this from a qualified solicitor, Law Centre, or Citizens Advice.
As part of Enfield Council’s wider strategy to tackle homelessness and reform the private rented sector in the borough, Enfield Let has evolved into an ethical letting agency in partnership with Enfield Council. We want to work with local landlords to provide good quality, stable and affordable homes to those otherwise unable to access the private rental sector. Enfield Let require good quality, self-contained one, two, three and four-bedroom properties anywhere in Enfield for our successful leasing scheme. Register your interest today, or for more information contact our leasing team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8379 4320.
We know this is a worrying and difficult time for everyone – but particularly so for people living with abuse. If you are worried about yourself or someone else call 0800 923 9009. You can find more information on the support available here.
Emergency legislation has increased notice periods to six months until at least the end of March 2021. Evictions will also not be enforced in local lockdown areas and there will be a truce on enforcement over the Christmas break.
Public Health guidance for landlords and tenants
Read about the latest information in line with the latest public health advice