We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive cookies, but if you want, you can change your cookies settings at any time.


Adult Social Care complaints

You should first approach the team responsible for delivering the services you are unhappy about by calling 0208 379 1001. If you are still not satisfied, you can then progress to a formal complaint.

Our statutory complaints policy only covers issues relating to Adult Social Care. 

When you make a complaint we will always try to:

  • resolve it and be customer focused (ask what you think needs to happen)
  • be open and accountable (be clear with you about what will happen and when)
  • act fairly and proportionately
  • use the opportunity to identify service problems and make improvements

Where early resolution to a problem is unsuccessful, your complaint can progress to a formal complaint and we will:

  • provide an acknowledgement (and reference number) for your complaint
  • keep you informed if the investigation takes longer than originally agreed
  • give you our final response in writing
  • tell you what has been learned from the complaint

Make a formal complaint online

For a complaint involving the NHS and adult social care, you can contact us or the NHS and we will work together to provide a response.

If you are not satisfied with our final response to either of these types of complaint, you can take it to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.

If the council pay for your care and your complaint is about an independent care provider you can complain to the provider or to us. If you are paying the full costs of your care without any help from us, you should make your complaint to the provider. If you aren’t satisfied with their response, you can take it to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.

For a complaint about mental health services, you should first contact the office that is supporting you at the Mental Health Trust. If you are not satisfied with their response, you can take your complaint to the Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust

Back to top