For British Sign Language users Sign Health have translated a range of Public Health England information. Click here
Information in 34 languages Click here
- Other formats inc Braille Click here
RNIB has also produced guidance to ensure that any information published online is also accessible to blind and partially sighted people who use access technology- Click here
The Local Government Association has also published information on the needs of people with sight loss - Click here
If you have COVID-19 symptoms - a new continuous cough, high temperature, or loss or change to your sense of taste or smell - self-isolate and book a test by ringing 119 or visiting the NHS website
For more information around safeguarding concerns during the Coronavirus outbreak
Domestic abuse support - local provisions
Worried about Modern Slavery - How to recognise and report
Enfield community response informationfor volunteers- contains information and advice of how to keep yourself and other safe, including contact information
Worried about fraud? - contact the LBE fraud hotline for information and advice: 0208 379 4289
Action fraud: for information and advice and to report fraud click here
Enfield Council have put together some information on the following:
- Loss of employment income
- Worried about losing your home
- Council Tax
- Help with food and shopping support
- Other debts
Social Care direct payments
If you are in receipt of direct payments for care, the government have provided some guidance. Click here
To view the pathway for urgent dental treatment please click here
Thrive LDN toolkit: Financial anxiety and personal difficulties. We have supported Debt Free London to expand its free debt advice service to operate 24 hours a day throughout January. As a priority over the coming weeks, we are encouraging partners to signpost to the service to help Londoners manage financial anxiety and uncertainty, alongside resources which support mental health and wellbeing.
Thrive LDN toolkit: Support for sudden bereavement. As deaths involving COVID-19 continue to be significant, this will be reflected in the number of people seeking bereavement support. Grateful for support in signposting to our guide on coping with sudden bereavement and accessing support services during the pandemic.
Thrive LDN toolkit: Mental health and wellbeing signposting. We have updated the toolkit with further signposting to support Londoners’ mental health and wellbeing.
Looking after your mental health during the corona outbreak - advice from the Mental Health Foundation
Mental Health support lines - NHS Website advice
BBC press release - The psychologist sharing advice via TikTok
Are you OK? - COVID-19 is having an impact on everyone's daily lives. We have put together a booklet with tips to help you take care of your mind as well as your body.
- Public Health England - Active at home booklet
- Shape up with Spurs - Physical and mental workout at home.
Shape up with Spurs Part 1: Home workout (watch)
Shape up with Spurs Part 2: Resistance home workout (watch)
Shape up with Spurs Part 3: Abdominal workout (watch)
Shape up with Spurs Part 4: Interval workout (watch)
- AGE UK Enfield Fit for life exercise videos
As with all fitness and exercise programmes, when using this exercise video you need to use your common sense to reduce and avoid injury.
You will want to check with your doctor before beginning any fitness programme. By performing any fitness exercises without supervision, you are performing them at your own risk. Age UK Enfield and Mark Huggard will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of this fitness programme.
Responsibility of the Participant
- Please ensure there is sufficient space to perform all exercises safely and that you can move freely without obstruction.
- Any equipment you use is to be safe and in a suitable condition
- You have sufficient heating, lighting, ventilation and hydration throughout the exercise session.
The London Borough of Enfield does not sponsor or endorse or otherwise recommend any particular provider on this site. For more information on the LBE disclaimer click here
A number of food venues are still open on a takeaway basis, alternatively you could contact hot meal suppliers.
- Susan James (Cooked Meals) are still delivering meals, call 020 8443 4576
- Meals on Wheels (Cypriot meals) email@example.com 0208 881 2329
- Fresh fruit and veg - Please call 02036214242 to order your box for next day delivery. Christophe@smithandbrock.com Can take orders 24/7 via phone 7am to 12pm delivery or 12pm to 8pm Delivery
- The new Covent Garden market is 75% down in sales and all this fresh fruit and veg needs to be sold so they’re going to start selling boxes to people rather than companies. If you go on NewCoventGardenmarket.com - you can sign up for home delivery veg boxes. 0203 621 4242 or 07 388 381 999 Arches 254–255, Grosvenor Terrace, London, SE5
BDA food facts, eat well, spend less click here
NHS live well, eat well, eight tips for healthy eating click here
NHS Change 4 life recipes click here
NHS Live well, eat well, 20 tips to eat well for less click here
BHF Healthy eating on a budget click here
- BBC Food - For Budget dinners click here
- BBC Goodfood - Five ingredients or less recipes click here
- BBC Goodfood - Storecupboard Recipes click here
- BBC Goodfood - Easy Recipes click here
- BBC Goodfood - Healthy click here
- Interactive live music activities on Facebook from Electric Umbrella - click here to find out more
- An online creative space run by theatre company Chickenshed bringing people of different generations together - click here to find out more
- Archive of public domain feature films, including many silent and film noir greats. Click here to view
- The Open Library project - click here to view
- Berlin Philharmonics' Digital Concert Hall - click here to view
- 450 courses from Ivy League Universities - click here
- Natasha and Pierre, King Lear with Anthony Hopkins and Much Ado About Nothing with Tennant and Catherine Tate. Click here
- Live streams from Monterey Bay aquarium. Click here
- Learn ancient languages click here
- Virtual tours of museums around the world click here
- Chatterpack - a list of online resources to keep people entertained when you are stuck at home click here
- Free downloadable colouring books - Click here
- Online Music theory training classes - Click here
- Project Gutenberg eBooks - Click here
Every Enfield resident with a diagnosed Learning Disability who is over 18 can now have a coronavirus vaccine at the Chase Farm Hospital Vaccination Hub. Elizabeth has shared her story about her experience of getting the vaccine at a practice in Winchmore Hill. She'd like to help people understand what to expect and how it felt for her.